Thread: Who is Daniel Sheehan?

Forum Member

Who is Daniel Sheehan?

Daniel Sheehan's webpage is the resume of an activist humanitarian highly engaged in the world, downplaying the UFO interest to this mere mention:
    "His training as both a metaphysical scholar and attorney made him uniquely qualified to handle several important issues related to the UFO phenomenon. He served as General Counsel to The Disclosure Project and the Institute for Cooperation in Space. He also represented Dr. John Mack, [of] Harvard Medical School ... following publication of his controversial book Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens.
    His rhetorical skills befit his background as a Harvard-trained lawyer seasoned in high-profile cases, including the Karen Silkwood case, the Pentagon Papers, Three Mile Island, and Iran Contra. He is a "formidable intellectual, with a charisma and rhetorical brilliance that is perhaps unmatched in the UFO community."
    This document demonstrates his metaphysical-rational framework:
    • The inevitability of Contact and the need to prepare
    • The membrane between physical reality and spirit so thin as to to be negligible
    • A belief that "fully realized human beings can alter the natural laws of our physical universe."

and a call for:
    • World-wide social reform of policy and government for sustainability
    • An "appropriately sophisticated, UFO-aware, philosophical and theological human movement"
    • An end to government secrecy, disinformation and reverse engineering weapons
    • An organized citizen diplomacy to "merit the recognition we’re hoping to get" and be invited to "feast at the
      table of the Galactic Federation."

Do any of you have experience hearing or reading Daniel Sheehan? What are your impressions? How do his assertions relate to the Allies of Humanity Briefings?

I know Daniel Sheehan

I have had the pleasure and honor to get to know Daniel Sheehan in Santa Cruz CA, where he lives and works, and to develop a personal friendship. I find him to be genuine and heart-centered, well-informed, as well as intellectually astute and articulate. Actually, his lack of what we like to refer to as "ego" is quite refreshing, especially given his impressive accomplishments. That does not mean he is not a warrior in the archetypal sense. He is, and can be very assertive because he cares so deeply about social justice. He is a clear thinker and has little patience for questionable assertions.

Sheehan got interested in exopolitics years ago when he accidentally came across some official documentation of the existence of ET visitation while researching for another purpose in a restricted area of the Library of Congress. This was a huge consciousness-raising experience for him, and has led him to many connections with others in the field and to much seminal thinking.

He has thought extensively about the implications on many levels of our emerging into the broader cosmic community. His views are cogent and compelling, and, I would say, congruent with those of the Allies Briefings, though from a different frame of reference.

I have confidence in Sheehan and do not hesitate to recommend him and his thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mary s View Post
    Daniel Sheehan's webpage is the resume of an activist humanitarian highly engaged in the world, downplaying the UFO interest to this mere mention: His rhetorical skills befit his background as a Harvard-trained lawyer seasoned in high-profile cases, including the Karen Silkwood case, the Pentagon Papers, Three Mile Island, and Iran Contra. He is a "formidable intellectual, with a charisma and rhetorical brilliance that is perhaps unmatched in the UFO community."
    This document demonstrates his metaphysical-rational framework:
    • The inevitability of Contact and the need to prepare
    • The membrane between physical reality and spirit so thin as to to be negligible
    • A belief that "fully realized human beings can alter the natural laws of our physical universe."

and a call for:
    • World-wide social reform of policy and government for sustainability
    • An "appropriately sophisticated, UFO-aware, philosophical and theological human movement"
    • An end to government secrecy, disinformation and reverse engineering weapons
    • An organized citizen diplomacy to "merit the recognition we’re hoping to get" and be invited to "feast at the
      table of the Galactic Federation."

Do any of you have experience hearing or reading Daniel Sheehan? What are your impressions? How do his assertions relate to the Allies of Humanity Briefings?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bushman View Post
    I have had the pleasure and honor to get to know Daniel Sheehan in Santa Cruz CA, where he lives and works, and to develop a personal friendship. I find him to be genuine and heart-centered, well-informed, as well as intellectually astute and articulate. Actually, his lack of what we like to refer to as "ego" is quite refreshing, especially given his impressive accomplishments. That does not mean he is not a warrior in the archetypal sense. He is, and can be very assertive because he cares so deeply about social justice. He is a clear thinker and has little patience for questionable assertions.

Sheehan got interested in exopolitics years ago when he accidentally came across some official documentation of the existence of ET visitation while researching for another purpose in a restricted area of the Library of Congress. This was a huge consciousness-raising experience for him, and has led him to many connections with others in the field and to much seminal thinking.

He has thought extensively about the implications on many levels of our emerging into the broader cosmic community. His views are cogent and compelling, and, I would say, congruent with those of the Allies Briefings, though from a different frame of reference.

I have confidence in Sheehan and do not hesitate to recommend him and his thought.
    Thankyou Robert for this overview, I don't know him and will surely look him up.

Forum Member
    Robert, I too was impressed with the Sheehan's accomplishment and skill. Nevertheless I see the influence of the Intervention in his eagerness to buy into some fallacies promulgated by the Intervention.

Would it disappoint you to give up the idea of a galactic federation? Can we respect the humanity of this individual while sorting throught the "tells" of the Intervention?

He may be smart and educated at Harvard, however, he is still a human who does not have the perspective the Allies have to offer us.

He is naive to want to, "be invited to feast at the table of the Galactic Federation." As if any race would invite us to gain technological or spiritual wealth without strings attached...this is simply a human wish and desire unfounded in the reality of life in the universe.

Men like this must be carefully watched because of how they can mislead many in the mental environment.

So many valuable individuals are and will be misled by the ET Intervention IMO, because the techniques used are so effective and so cleverly disseminated.
    I was wondering, Robert, do you think it would be a good idea to give Daniel a copy of the Allies Briefings?
    Maybe he is already familiar with the material, but you never know!