Thread: Aliens/UFO covered in mainstream media

Forum Member

Aliens/UFO covered in mainstream media

CNN host Anderson cooper recently had a show about Alien visitation. Google it to find videos and a few news articles and websites mentioning it.

Please post here when it these topics show up in the media so we can discuss it and advocate for the Allies perspective when and where possible.

Scientists ponder an unsettling question: What if the first alien intelligence mankind encounters isn’t friendly? Morgan Freeman hosts this special edition of Through the Wormhole, part of a month of E.T.-themed programming developed

(this is the correct link: http://science.discovery.com/tv/through-the-wormhole/)
    Last edited by raoul; 01-14-2015 at 05:29 AM. Reason: removed wrong link, inserted correct one

Apparently the guys behind SETI want to convert from just listening to also transmitting. The article contains an interesting quote from Stephen Hawking talking about how dangerous transmitting could be. It sounded like something right out of Allies of Humanity.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-10042555.html

The comments section there is still active if anyone wants to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin33 View Post
    Apparently the guys behind SETI want to convert from just listening to also transmitting. The article contains an interesting quote from Stephen Hawking talking about how dangerous transmitting could be. It sounded like something right out of Allies of Humanity.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-10042555.html

The comments section there is still active if anyone wants to participate.
    Thank you Edwin. It is a very good thing that someone well known as Hawkings points to the dangers involved here.
    So...basically SETI is favourable to broadcast into space, while outside sources say it's dangerous - like Hawkings, and also this Mr Brin :"Mr Brin believes that those in favour of active Seti have been "railroading" the public into sending a message without a wide and detailed discussion of what the cultural impact might be".

Cultural to say the least...yes?

This article is more humorous: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...t-show-5153201
    ...contains some wisdom though: "...attempts to make contact with aliens by actively calling out to the cosmos, instead of just listening." About 'just listening'...we could put Daryil Anka under observation when he channels Bashar, or even Kryon and detect the origin of the tales they channel!

Thank you edwin and Raoul for pointing out the plan of SETI. This inspired me to send the following email to Dr. Shostak (sshostak@seti.org), one of the main advocates of Active SETI. I would encourage everyone to remind Dr. Shostak of the potential danger of his endeavour. Even we already have predatory visitors but I do not wish to invite more here!

Dear Dr. Shostak,

You are promoting the idea of actively trying to contact alien civilizations.

Have you considered the readiness of humanity for such an encounter?

If an extraterrestrial race visits Earth, with whom will they engage here? Is there one voice who speaks for the humanity? This alien race is united. You must be united in order to achieve the capabilities for an interstellar travelling. Is humanity united enough to meet another united race?

What do you think a united race does here when it encounters the divided humanity destroying each other and their planet? What if this planet is a precious rarity in this part of our galaxy? What would this united race do when they see that precious biological resources are in the hands of immature beings exploiting these resources to the decline? What would you do? Yes, you know the answer. You would intervene. You would try to take control on the situation. Do you wish to become controlled. Controlled by an alien race who's values and ethics may be completely different from yours? Please, contemplate these questions and reconsider your wishes to contact alien civilizations.

Sincerely
    Kari H...
    Finland

Thank you Kari, you are an inspiration. Those questions will be useful to ask many people.

Tardigrades: Life in Outer Space

A recent BBC story discusses a form of animal life which can apparently survive in outer space:

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150...imals-on-earth

If you have read the parts of Allies of Humanity which discuss our neighbors' concerns about the threat of biological contamination from Earth's life, then perhaps you can see the implications here. Imagine how risky it could be for foreign races if some of these Tardigrades were intentionally or accidentally included on a spacecraft like Voyager 2 (which is now well beyond the boundaries of our own solar system)

Also, you can read in the article that they were intentionally placed on a satellite in 2007, so it's not exactly unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin33 View Post
    A recent BBC story discusses a form of animal life which can apparently survive in outer space:

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150...imals-on-earth

If you have read the parts of Allies of Humanity which discuss our neighbors' concerns about the threat of biological contamination from Earth's life, then perhaps you can see the implications here.
    That's amazing Edwin. I had no idea that such a level of resistance would be possible.
    Definitely in tune with the Allies' message; the danger of contamination for the visitors is not only on themselves while here, but also concerns biological life that would survive in different environments. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari H View Post
    ... I would encourage everyone to remind Dr. Shostak of the potential danger of his endeavour. Even we already have predatory visitors but I do not wish to invite more here!
    Thankyou Kari for doing this.

BTW, it seems like the Greer vs. Hawking debate has been going on for a while.

Recently I found another 'gem' from some years ago where Greer uses his so obvious tactics to convince us that Hawking is wrong.

The accusation of xenophobia:
    "It is unfortunate that Stephen Hawking has added his voice to a growing chorus of xenophobia and fear regarding what he terms "Aliens."
    He brings up xenophobia because it is effective during these times when we have real problems with refugees who need our help, with racism, with religious fundamentalism etc.
    But protecting Earths' borders from a clandestine presence has nothing to do with xenophobia.

Then the usual bogus scientific assumptions:
    "Any interstellar civilization would possess such technologies that the meager resources of Earth would be unneeded. If you can travel faster than the speed of light, you can manifest what is needed. Period."
    ...right...just manifest what is needed, period, because they are all magic out there!

Lastly, a real 'long-shot':
    "Why would he make such statements, unless he is carrying water for the military-industrial-financial complex which profiteers off of the wars that fear breeds?"
    So...caution equals fear...fear breeds war, so Hawking feeds the 'military-industrial-financial complex'.

The sad thing is that Greer continues to offend peoples' intelligence and still has a following.

All I can say is, thankyou Stephen Hawking for telling the truth about this matter.

Yes, thank you Kari H!

Yesterday I discovered an individual named Stanton T. Friedman who is a researcher in this field. I have not yet researched him thoroughly, however while reading his wikipedia page I discovered that Friedman has apparently debated Mr. Shostak on George Noory's Coast to Coast radio show in 2004. The page claims that Shostak believes in the existence of intelligent life other than humans, but doesn't believe such life is present on Earth or is related to UFO sightings.

If that is the case, then perhaps it explains why Mr. Shostak is proceeding willfully despite the obvious risks of his behavior. He has a mental paradigm that projects intelligent life as something far away which can do nothing but beam signals at us. He cannot or will not conceive the possibility that the Greater Community is already here directly influencing Earth and will be doing so increasingly in the future.

Anyway, I have not actually listened to the show, so this is just speculation based on what was included in the wikipedia page.